Intaglio accepts contributions in the following categories: Original Research Articles, Book Reviews, Poetry, Translations, and Visual Artwork:
1. Original research articles should present original research.
2. Book reviews, rather than being mere summaries, should be insightful, critical reviews of recently published works.
3. Poetry submissions are flexible.
4. Short translations are welcome, so long as permissions are clearly obtained prior to submission.
5. Visual artwork submissions are flexible.
Length of Submissions:
Original research articles should be up to 7,000 words in length (including abstract, tables, graphs, footnotes, and references). Book reviews should be 800—1,000 words. Poetry submissions should be no more than three pages. For visual artwork, you may submit entries with a maximum file size of 2MB.
Submissions should use Times New Roman 12 pt. font and be double-spaced. Responsibility for the accuracy of bibliographic citations lies entirely with the authors. UTAJ employs The Chicago Manual of Style; Notes and Bibliography (footnote) references (http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide/citation-guide-1.html) Please submit in MS Word format. If possible, please remove all identifying information such as contributor(s) names and institutional affiliation(s) from the document for the purposes of anonymous review.
Please provide your submission as a single PDF which includes all relevant information.
For mixed submission (e.g., photo series or illustrated poem), please follow the formatting guidelines for written work, poetry, and visual artwork for the relevant part of your submission.